Saturday, January 15, 2011

A New Year

Well after enduring being snow bound for the last week and the tragedy that assaulted my family this past holiday, I think it's time to focus on getting back to normal.  I must say this first and foremost though; Rest in peace my brother-in law Joey.  You touched so many lives with your humble nature and I will miss your subtle dry humor and how you could make me laugh!  I will miss that the most!  My life is better having known you.  You will be missed so very much! 




 


I want to acknowledge that I'm an Auburn Fan.... I know my father would be ecstatic that his University won the National Championship this year!!!!   It is where my daughter hopes to attend college.  I'm hoping as well but living out of state will be tough on our budget!   But alas, even more so I live in a house divided.  My husband and son are my rivals.  I am learning to cope with this and even putting this on my blog suggests I am coping very well. 


  This..... should say A LOT.



I believe it is time start having some normalcy in our lives again.  Today being the start of those days.  I'm planning to finish painting Ryan's "Alabama Room".  Yes, there is one of those rooms in my house.  I having given in and I am being very strong about it.  Yes, indeed I am.  But I must admit the color's are prettier than if it were Auburn's blue and orange.  I don't think I could live with that.  And while I'm painting, Ryan and Randall have gone "Coon and Deer Hunting" for the weekend with our nephew Cody and our good friends from Alabama.  I know they will have a great time.  I just hope they don't bring anything dead back home that they want to have mounted on the wall!  Ugh!

I plan on picking up my writing in the next few weeks.  Just have not be in the right mind set for it.  But I think it's time to start it back up!  I have ideas flowing!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment