Thursday, October 28, 2010

Wall Decor'

            Do you often find yourself at a standstill when it comes to deciding what to hang on your walls?  We are so fortunate to have a menagerie of choices at our disposal.  Between mirrors, botanical pictures, oil paintings, tapestries, floral arrangements, clocks, wrought iron and family photo’s it is so easy to understand that making a choice is one of the hardest things to do.   Even as a practiced decorator I often question myself. What do I put there?  Is the scale too large or is it too small?  Do I have too much on the wall or not enough?  Then finding that special piece for that one particular area sometimes can take a long time.  Unless something just really “Wow’s me“, I can get discouraged.   I even have made purchases, hung them on the wall and said to myself, oh no, you really got that one wrong! 

 The media advertises multitudes of art.  I must commend there are some extraordinarily talented people out there.  They can really put out some beautiful things.  But there again, some of it is just plain junk.   At those times, I think “What were they thinking”?  Obviously they were not.  Home Furnishings is just like fashion; it’s either a hit or miss.  Over the years, I have seen a few hits and some misses.  Myself, I love theatrics and if it doesn’t carry some sort of punch, then I toss the idea.  I have found some great ideas that are worth sharing.   I do recognize there are those out there who appreciate subtleties and I highly value their opinions so I have included some of those as well.  Like I said I’m into theatrics and that’s just my taste.  I like things that catch the eye and say immediately “What a knockout ” and that also includes what clothes I buy! So the next time you’re out looking for that special somethin’ somethin’, I hope you find that special something that knocks your socks off!






No comments:

Post a Comment